1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital DIN connector and SB Live! Platinum

Discussion in 'Audio' started by -Polaris-, Feb 1, 2004.

1. -Polaris-

-Polaris- Member

I have the Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theater 5.1 (DTT2500 Digital) and on the back there's a digital DIN connector... on the sound card there is a "Digital Out" port, but it looks like one of the analog plugs. It's not a DIN connector, are there digital DIN cords you can buy that have the one plug type connector to go to the card and the DIN connector to go to my home theater thing?

p.s. sorry bout double post on other topics forum. Didn't see this audio forum til just now

2. PHiNX

PHiNX Member

Generally, you need a Digital Din adapter that connects to a set of pins on your sound card, and then you just hook the din to that, or you can get an adapter that goes from digital out to digital din and spdif, both which can be obtained from Creative.com, as well as other online stores.

3. -Polaris-

-Polaris- Member

I looked on creative and couldn't find the wires... do you have a link possibly?

4. PHiNX

PHiNX Member

5. circeseye

circeseye Member

you can buy the plugs for that its actually a mono headphone jack to a rca. which they sell at radio shack and other electronc places. or if desperate make one.