1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital photo software question:

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by zapper, Oct 9, 2007.

1. zapper

zapper Guest

More then likely this question is subjective as to each individuals choice but I’m wondering or taking a poll to see what Digital photo software most people use and why? Total cost under $120.

Does anyone have any suggestions, such as Adobe, Microsoft Media, Kodak or any other brand of software?

Thanks

2. zapper

zapper Guest

Any suggestions and/or ideas or anything for those of you's who use photo software?

3. CBRETON

CBRETON Member

In that price range you are much better off getting a copy of Adobe Essentials V6. Not a whole lot out there in the market offers as much for such a price ......

4. zapper

zapper Guest

Is it safe to ask that you have the Adobe 6, if so how do you like it is this software so called friendly to use.

Thanks for your respose.

5. CBRETON

CBRETON Member

I use Adobe Photoshop , but I have played with Elements 5. I mis-typed the name in my original post. I should have said Elements and NOT Essentials. I have too many graphics programs here and I can't keep track of what I have....! Elements will cost you around $100.00 U.S. dollars and is quite user friendly. It is quite powerful for such a price. Photoshop CS3 will run you at least six times that money and more. You might even find Elements 5 now on sale for a VERY good price. Not a whole lot "new" in version 6.

6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Some members report very good luck with GIMP,
    website is here, and you'll like the price. FREE!
    Give it a try and let me know how you like it. My understanding is that it is like Adobe's Photoshop, a steep learning curve but once you master the basics you'll be fine.
    A little history here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIMP

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007