1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Video Converting

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by KenkaiRyu, Sep 29, 2004.

1. KenkaiRyu

KenkaiRyu Member

I want to get the video off my camcorder and put it on my computer. I also want to do this with my tv and I was wondering if this is the thing I need to buy to do that.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1077629691913&skuId=6539604&type=product

Also I was wondering where I can find those VHS where you can stick the smaller camcorder vhs into to play on my TV. And also do I need any extra thing on my PC besides USB to run this, (I mean hardware wise).

Thanks.

2. KenkaiRyu

KenkaiRyu Member

Also do you recommend a different converter? (I am trying to keep the price under 250 bucks though).

Also I need some good DVD Authroing and DVD encoding sfotware. If you can link me to some.

Thanks.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

That Device would work but I wouldn"t use it because it only works with the Software that comes with it and that software sucks pretty bad...Well to me it sucks pretty Bad...
    I would suggest if you want to capture the Highest quality Video from VHS tapes or even from Cable TV or Satalite that you try something like the "Canopus ADVC-50 or 55 or 100" with this device you just need a Firewire Fort at most and a Lot of Drive space....

These device use Hardware DV Compression to Compress the Video signal to DV AVI format and then you just encode the DV AVI files to DVD Compliant Mpeg2 useing a Good Standalone encoder and Burn it to DVD useing a DVD authoring Program....

Here"s a Link to the Canopus Site:
    http://www.canopus.us/US/products/ADVC-50/pm_advc-50.asp

The Prices they show at the Site are quite a Bit higher than they really are if you Buy somewere else...

For encodeing software you can use something like "Tmpgenc Xpress" and for DVD authoring I suggest DVDLab ..Both Programs have 30 day fully working demo"s available that you can try out...
    And there are Freeware or at least Cheap DV Capture Programs you can also use...

You will also need to have a Pretty Fast PC like at least 2.0ghz but preferably faster.....

Cheers