1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Direct disk to disk copy...need help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Suk, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Suk

Suk Member

I am running a Pentium 4 with 512 mg of ram and I have a internal DVD burner and a external DVD burner both running at max 8X speed. How do I use DVD Shrink to copy direct disk to disk instead of to a file on my hard drive first? I'm not too bright...can't figure it out. Thanks!!!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

You can't.

Shrink isn't set up for it and any film that needs compressing will be written to the hard drive no matter the software being used.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The only dvd's you might do it with are movies on a dvd 5 disc. You would need to run Anydvd in the background and then try something like Nero using the disc copy feature. As Nephilim stated anything needing compression can't be done which covers most movies these days.

If you had a dual layer burner and media to match you might get by doing a dvd 9 movie.
    Jerry

Last edited: Aug 22, 2004
  4. Suk

Suk Member

Thank you for your help. I purchased a new machine because my Pentium 3 would take 3.5 to 4 hours to complete a copy (snore)..I can now do a reauthored movie in 20 to 25 minutes. Big improvement, however I got greedy and thought disk to disk would cut it down to 10 to 15 minutes. Thanks to you both for answering my question!