1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Direct X BSOD

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by iamsam43, Apr 7, 2007.

1. iamsam43

iamsam43 Member

Hi,
    I have a Sony Vaio PCG-Z1VAP notebook which worked fine with graphical applications and games based on Direct X as far as I can remember. But when the notebook started having problems related to Windoze XPee, I formatted the HDD, and reinstalled Windoze. Of course Sony had all custom proprietary drivers which Windoze XPee didn’t have, so I had to comb through Sony’s shitty website and find all the drivers manually. I installed all of them and it seemed to work fine, except whenever I try to play some online games (not all have this problem) I get a BSOD.
    I didn’t think online games could use Direct X, but maybe I’m wrong. That’s all I can think of since some games work and some don’t. I think its Direct X because Google Earth gives me the same problem in Direct X mode, but NOT in OpenGL. I upgraded my graphics drivers a while ago, when I started having this problem, which didn’t fix the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance! :D

2. ireland

ireland Active member