1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

director commentary

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by nikee7773, Mar 7, 2005.

1. nikee7773

nikee7773 Member

this seems wierd to me. I burned The Forgotten with dvd shrink. I started watching it in one dvd player and it was fine, then tried to finish watching it later on a different standalone player and the directors commentary is on and will not come off. Any idea how to fix this. When I burned, i did the reauthor and main movie only. Thanks for the help.
    Nikee

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Are you saying that when you clicked on the audio button on your remote or on the dvd player menu option that you were not able to switch between soundtracks?

Unfortunately some dvd players were not meant to play dvd+/-Rs and will [bold]sometimes[/bold] play those movies with subltitles or another sound track automatically if they even play at all. Usually you can fix this with a few botton clicks on the remote. One option you have in shrink when you reauthor is to right click the main title and click on set default streams. From here you can force what you want the dvd to play for sountrack and subscripture. A good way to avoid this altogether is to only keep the main soundtrack and/or disable all subscripture. Hope this helps.

3. Adouble11

Adouble11 Regular member

My advice would be if you are going to do the main title only then you should uncheck the directers commentarys audio. leave AC3 5.1 only and I like to leave the English subtitles because you never know when a movie will need them. Also if your playing the DVD in your comp. when you are getting the problem then thats normal because from what I've noticed is DVD playing software for Comps. is not the best at times.

4. nikee7773

nikee7773 Member

Thanks everyone, I have taken all the advice and reburnt The Forgotten, and yeah...no directors commentary in the background. I am new to this, so I really appreciate the help.