1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirty Burns

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by SellOut8, Feb 8, 2005.

1. SellOut8

SellOut8 Member

Im using dvd shrink and have been for serveral months now but every once and a while i get a DVD that freezes in the middle of the movie and or previews.
    The weird thing is the dirty burn occur randomly on encrytped and non-encrytped movies. But im wonder how to fix it. Im burning at 8x and normal encoding.

Im thinking slowing down the burn rate but besides that i have no idea of how to fix it and i really need to make the back ups of a couple of movies

Thx
    -Sellout

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Your type problem is usually caused by cheap/poor quality blank media. Sometimes slowing down the burn speed does help but getting better quality is a better fix.

Jerry

3. SellOut8

SellOut8 Member

Im been using the same kinda blank disk for every thing and have still got perfect burns with them
    Any thing else?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

refer to the countless posts on this forum. i'll summarise. use v good media, burn at 4x (its not like its slow, even on a real fast burner), maybe set the rip size to 4300mb, no multitaskin (during burns). Maybe check firmware rev of burner, but only update if u know what you're doing. Lots of peepl say check/sort out the aspi layer. Oh and if you use nero, be wary of 6.6.0.1 thru 6.6.0.5.
    Many, many threads on this subject by the way.