1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dirty disc message

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by wabashman, Apr 27, 2007.

1. wabashman

wabashman Active member

hey guys,
    well lately ive been getting a lot of dirty disc messages while playing games, (RB6, and MLB2K7). this is a luanch counsle that has been flashed with 4.2 i believe is the last time i updated it. but my main question is if i replace the laser will this solve the problem, so if i reflash it to 5.2 will it solve the problem easier?
    thanks in advance
    chris

2. 78674523

78674523 Member

First make sure you did not put labels on the disks. If not, then re-flash your drive back to original and try that. If you have backups and want to play them flash yet again making sure you have the latest available firmware.

3. wabashman

wabashman Active member

there arent any lables on my discs...just black magic marker. ill try to reflash it later on tonight if it acts up again. its been working well since that first post, but i know its going to mess up again. i can feel it coming on, lol.

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Start with the easiest fixes first.

- flash to 5.2c
    - while apart for flashing, clean the laser eye with a q-tip dampened with alcohol

Also, you didn't mention what brand of dl's you're using. Once a disc is burnt, the dye starts to break down. With good quality discs, this will take quite awhile until the disc will start to become unreadable. With cheaper brands, this will happen sooner.

Also, I suggested 5.2c because it will read backups in fast mode. Or, you can switch it to slow mode by inserting then ejecting an original 360 or xbox 1 game.

So, you can try one of your problemed backups in fast mode. If you still get the error, then switch to slow mode and try it.

5. wabashman

wabashman Active member

im using verbs. does the new flash method, with samhack, or that other new program work with vista? i believe that ive read it does, but just want to make sure. although i guess i could do it the old way off the flopy disc, but that wouldnt be much fun. and if it matters, the drive is a ms25. so i dont have to worry about the stupid ten second trick. wahooooo!

Last edited: Apr 27, 2007
  6. reprazent

reprazent Regular member

Hmm, you're using verbs, and 5.2x

I had the same problem, and a pot tweak solved my problems for now. If I start getting dirtydisc errors again I'll just replace the lens..

7. wabashman

wabashman Active member

im using 4.2 currently, not 5.2. im going to update it later this weekend. its actually good that its not working right since i have finals next week and need to study for them. becuase if it was working properly, i would be playing it all weekend, lol.