1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirty Disk Error W/ Sony Dru-500AX

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by corngrits, Mar 22, 2003.

1. corngrits

corngrits Member

I have been using the DRU-500AX for about a month and a half now with no problems. I was even burning some disks last night!!

This morning I was backing up a DVD for a neighbor and ran into an error with the burner.

I get a dirty disk error when it goes to burn a disk. Basically I'm putting in the new dvd, selecting the files, then hitting "burn". Seconds later the disk tray is ejected and the error message shows up? I tried all 3 dvd media I have and got the same error message. Funny thing is I was burning on all 3 media brands/types last night and they worked flawlessly.

I am using DVDDecrypter and then DVD2One before burning with RecordNow DX V 4.6

I even put in a single layer disk and tried it with DVDXCopy and got the same error message when it went to burn.

Did my system get a virus? Is the burner Bad?

Please help.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2003
  2. hartwell

hartwell Guest

the sony 500ax is a piece of junk to me. I have a similar problem. I had mine for about two weeks and now every time i stick a disc in it, the drive will spit it back out for some odd reason.Tried different types of disk still the same thing. Seems like to me this drive cannot handle a heavy load of different typeof disks. I have a ricoh mp5125 for about a year with no problem. I guess we have been scammed brother.