1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc-break stopper of Slim Tool fell inside...

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by antimony, Jan 16, 2005.

1. antimony

antimony Member

I recently bought a SlimTool from techwizad and it has been working great for me. I am able to close to lid and play games.

However this afternoon I think I closed it a little too forceably as I wondered why my pstwo was making disc crunching noises. When I opened the lid I was suprised that tool to disable the disc stopper was missing... I concluded that it must've fallen inside the pstwo somewhere underneath the disc break (when I rattle my system I can hear it)

For now I am using paper to block the disc break and while this works, I am wondering if leaving the disc break tool inside my pstwo will do any damage. Should I go through the trouble of opening my pstwo just to retrieve it? (Remember I ordered the slimtool just so I wouldn't have to open it.) Or perhaps there is a way to get it back out externally? (I doubt it)

For reference it is tool B which is stuck inside my pstwo. It has fallen in underneath the disc break.
    http://www.techwizad.com/downloads/SlimTool Instructions.htm

Any help/advice would be appreciated!

2. 007PStwo

007PStwo Regular member

if you remove the 6 screws and pry the front of the cover gently you can open the ps2 without effecting the warranty sticker. folds open like a book! :)

i did this to tape mine manually for use with smd 3.3....

try it.

3. antimony

antimony Member

I will think about opening my case up, though I'm kind of lazy, I might just leave it in the pstwo as long as nothing bad will happen to it. Any experts know if there will be any negative effect from leaving the disk break tool inside?

4. Stinky_1

Stinky_1 Guest

its plastic so it wont short anything out. The only concern would be that if you move your system around it may get this tool stuck in a cog for the laser trackking. There are no other real moving parts. Just make sure you can hear it at the BOTTOM of the ps2 before you turn it on after moving it.