1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc drive problems. what's the ebst way to fix this?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by Ninja4820, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Ninja4820

Ninja4820 Member

Ok, so, to make a long story short: Large pumpkin falls on Xbox directly above the disc drive, causing the disc drive to no longer read anything. I opened it up, and as far as I can tell, there isn't anything I can do directly to the disc drive to fix it. It's not like the laser was jarred off the track or anything simpler like that. I tried switching the HDD with another HDD in a different Xbox, but that was of course, as I now read on this site, impossible. So I have two Xboxes, so I was thinking I could try replacing the disc drive of one Xbox with the other, but I'm wondering if maybe I will get an error like when i tried switching the HDD's.

So what do you think would be the best thing for me to do? I don't want to try messing with the disc drives since they're more fragile, unless you guys say it'll work. Should I just opt for a modchip so I can exchange HDD's? Or are there any other solutions? Thanks in advance! ^^

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

the dvd drive can be switched,it's only the hdd thats married to the motherboard.