1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc drive stopped wirking after changing new one

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by dutus, Oct 9, 2012.

1. dutus

dutus Member

Hello!
    I bought xbox 360 without disc drive and I ordered new one from ebay. Dvd drive came and I changed the chip from the old one to the new one. Disc drive worked fine about 2 minutes and then it shut the game down and 2 left red lights showed(horizontal). Then it stopped working.

Xbox works fine without disc drive, but disc drive won't read any discs. When I put disc to drive, it says "reading" and after while it says "Open tray" again.

2. BillB

BillB Regular member

We need a little more info here. What was the original drive brand? Two left red lights horizontal? I've seen vertical, but never horizontal.

3. dutus

dutus Member

Drive model is Pihilips Lite On DG-16D2S, I ordered exactly same drive. Two left reds vertical, when xbox is horizontal. They came only once, when I turned xbox on again, all leds were green again.

4. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

2 red lights usually indicates overheating, giving us an error code might help with figuring out your issue!

5. dutus

dutus Member

There comes NO error code, dvd drive jsut don't work. There never came error code..

6. dutus

dutus Member

Can anyone help?
    I tried to fix it changing "disc spinner" and laser, but it didn't help. Could the broken part be disc drive's motherboard?

When i put disc to disc drive and screen says "reading" I don't hear any kind of sound that the disc would spin or something. I have no idea what it could be...

7. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

so let me get this straight.... you got xbox with a non working drive correct?... you got a working drive and replaced the daughter board(drive board) from the old drive correct?... now the new one wont work correct?... you know that you could have just taken the key out of the old one and pairing the xbox with the full new drive right?... from what i understand the new drive is not working due to the older board.... its probably the cause of why the original drive was not working.. the board is messed up... lol just assemble the old one back with it original board and get the key then just put the key on the new one... that should fix it unless the board didn't kill the new drive...

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  8. dutus

dutus Member

How can I take the key from old drive and put it to new drive? I didn't find youtube tutorials or anything for that operation.

9. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
  10. dutus

dutus Member

Thank You!