1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc errors when copying

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by klassic, Jan 12, 2007.

1. klassic

klassic Regular member

I am trying to backup some discs for a friend. They are 90210 episodes that were recorded from tv and converted. Most of the discs work fine, but I have a few that just give me errors about 80-90% through disc. I have cleaned them all and they don't have any major scratches. I have tried several burners too.

I have tried decrypter, nero, roxio, clone dvd. Nothing wants to work. What other programs can I try??

BTW the dvds I am backing up are on some brand I have never heard of, DataWare. I am using Verbatims as I always do.

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

that could very well be your problem. these DVDs that you are copying are copies already and should be easy to make a copy of a copy. Blindwrite 6, Nero, Roxio, RecordNow, and others should be able to make a 1:1 copy without any problem. If you are having problems then it's because the disk can't be read correctly due to poor quality or compatibility! If you can't re rip to hard drive then it's a reading problem which leads me to say..... crappy media .... not long lasting! Good luck.

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

If copy protection is not a problem, you may try rip the dvds to the harddisk first with e.g. Unstoppable Copier:

http://www.roadkil.net/unstopcp.html

This tiny, free program sometimes works wonders.

Good luck!

4. klassic

klassic Regular member

I figured it was a disc problem. I will try some of the other programs suggested to see if I can salvage them.