1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc Id Insertor and ESPN Sports Games????

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nivek41, Sep 9, 2004.

1. nivek41

nivek41 Member

Has anybody succesfully used the disc id insertor with espn sports games? I am able to add the id into the iso image correctly however I cannot get online with it. I receive a DNAS 402 message. I have not had any difficulty with any other games (madden 2005, nascar 2005, SRS, NFSU). The two ESPN games that I'm having trouble with are NFL 2K5 & NHL 2K5. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Drdaname

Drdaname Member

just read the faq thread..nm the question

Last edited: Sep 9, 2004
  3. nivek41

nivek41 Member

There is nothing in the FAQ that refers to this. I'm already using the disc id inserter. The point is that it's not working with ESPN sports games. I'm receiving a 402 dnas error message.

4. lartones

lartones Member

I'm having the exact same problem with my espn nhl 2k5 game i have the correct id patch the game works perfectly but when you go online it's the same thing code error 402. hopefully someone solves this.

5. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

6. nivek41

nivek41 Member

Yes, I'm having with Hockey and Football. I wait for my chip to go into sleep mode however somehow it is still detecting that the machine is modded. When I disable the chip from the beginning using the original copy of NFL 2K5 I'm able to get online. If anybody has any insight on this than please let us know.

I thought that maybe there was a new protection that the newer games had againgst detecting modchips. To test that theory I just made a backup of Burnout 3 (which just came out) and I'm able to get online without any problems. Could it be a special kind of check that happens on the Sega Servers?????

7. nivek41

nivek41 Member

I'm unable to view that page. Everything appears in black however the 402 code I believe means that the server detects that the machine is modded.

8. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

Here is what is says.
    -402 sceDNAS2_SS_INVALID_MEDIA Invalid disc. "DNAS Error (-402) A PS2 disc information error has occurred."

-402 or -403 -Playing an original while the modchip is turned on. -Incorrectly patched or haven't patched, maybe more then one patch needed.

9. nivek41

nivek41 Member

Does the dnas patcher detect every file that needs to be patched?

10. linnx

linnx Member

Well it is supposed to. But in very recent games they might have added or renamed one or several files and so the disc id does not detect properly. Just a guess, but might be worth researching. Also there's a more recent disc id utility available, unfortunately I don't remember where I got it. PM me and i'll send it to you.

11. lartones

lartones Member

well i have the swap magic discs and it still gives that 402 error is there any way around that with the discs rather then the mod chip?

12. nivek41

nivek41 Member

Okay, I finally got the espn games to work for online purposes. The two important steps that need to be followed are:

Make sure you are using 1.7 version of the disc id inserter
    Make sure you are using the DNAS disc id from the title you are trying to burn. If you use a different disc id it will not work.

Thank you to the few people that pointed me in the right direction on this.

13. Kevmister

Kevmister Guest

nivek41 if you could email me that version of disc id insertor it would be greatly appreciated... as i have version 2.0... doesn't work with espn games:( my email is Kevmister5@comcast.net again it would be greatly appreciated... I'm glad at least you are online with the '05 espn games... I sure am not.

14. lartones

lartones Member

i wonder why the 1.7 version of the id inserter would work but the v2.0 wouldnt? could anyone send me the older 1.7 version?

15. Kevmister

Kevmister Guest

i just used the 1.7 version and had no luck:( suppose it's possible i switched up the zero's and O's (letter O) but I doubt it... oh well another dvdr down the drain:( Getting DNAS error 402.

16. lartones

lartones Member

actually i used version 2.0 and it worked thanks guys

17. Kevmister

Kevmister Guest

just for clarification I thought I'd mention the 1.7 version of disc id insertor that Nivek41 was mentioning... is actually the newest version of the 1.6 Image Patcher. It is a different program (although acclomplishing virtually the same thing) than the DNAS Disc Id Insertor. I'm still looking for version 2.01 (not 2.0) of disc id insertor... if anyone could email me it at Kevmister5@comcast.net it would be more than appreciated. PS2ONWZ is tough to get thru if you're a new member. Thanks again all; and good luck to us with these new ESPN games.

18. foundmy

foundmy Guest

umm.. which mod are you using as well.

also if espn is doing checks like how socom2 now does it, are youusing your own code or someone elses...

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2004
  19. ps2_webb

ps2_webb Member

hey guys, insane how people will go crazy over one program...but im another victim! any chance i can get the disc id insertor 2.1 sent. my email is spin_it_up@hotmail.com . i appreciate it whoever does!!

20. asdf_jags

asdf_jags Member

Hey Guys, I've succesfully backed up NHL 2K5, NFL 2K5, and my NBA 2K5 but I can't create a game when I'm online. I can join one and it will work fine, but can't create a game. I put a DNAS patch on it to bypass the DNAS check, but then theres another one. Does Sega have a online protection of their own and how can I get around this?