1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc ID Insertor With Winimage

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Tigh, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Tigh

Tigh Member

Following instructions from PS2NFO.com I made an ISO file from Call Of Duty. I followed instructions using ISO Buster etc etc. I then get to the part where I have to open Win Image and open my ISO File that I had done with Decryptor. When I try and open it I find there are 3 fiels an .I00 file and an .I01 file and also a .MDS file. I try and open any of them with Win Image and they don't work. It says it wants to open and ISO file which is not there ? I can't patch the DNAS without this. Please help. What am I doing wrong ?

2. teggy

teggy Regular member

When you make an ISO (I am going from a dvd decrypter pov) you get an MDF and an ISO file.

But I use that method and have done many times, if you have made an ISO then you have one so open that in winimage and the rest is in the guide.

If that fails, get DVD Decrypter and make and burn your ISO's with that. Use ISO buster to extract any dnasxxx.img or IOP.img files, use id insertor to apply the dnas. Now open winimage, open up your game ISO image and navigate to the exact location where the files you extracted are, now hit inject and hit yes to all for each file, make sure you overwrite the original files u extracted with the newly dnas patched ones.

3. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

Use image patcher. Its much easier.

4. Tigh

Tigh Member

I don't get an ISO file after I use Decryptor. I had three files. One was Call Of Duty.I00 Next was Call Of Duty.I01 and the last was Call Of Duty.MDS. There was no ISO file so when I tried to use Winimage it didn't work cause it only opens ISO files. I tried Image Patcher Winning11 but it doesn't recognise the DNAS so I have to use ISO Buster. I tried playing the original online without disabling chip and I got Error 402. Even if all this works I still don't think it will go online. Does the Matrix Infinity go stealth after booting. If it doesn't then all this is pointless because the DNAS server must be detecting my Chip. Hope you can help

5. teggy

teggy Regular member

First is your CoD a real copy? And secondly, I don't know any bout chips, ditched them for the swap discs since my grey ps1 and the smart cartridge.

And not to take away from your point winning11, about imagepatcher. As it is by 100 times, easier. But I have noticed from browsing the forums that it has failed in some cases. Although I am aware that DNAS does detect your chip.

I know this post may seem pointless to you, but think of it as clarification(well a little at least).

6. Tigh

Tigh Member

Yeah it is a real copy. So if DNAS does detect my chip I guess its pointless in trying to patch games because even though the disc is patched correctly you won't pass DNAS because you have a chip is this correct ? I have heard of some chips going into stealth mode after booting. Is this the only way ?

7. teggy

teggy Regular member

From various sources on this forum that is correct, although any further details into this subject I cannot help you with as I don't use a chip.