1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc ID Utility burn on a CD or DVD?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by couchpot, Apr 2, 2005.

1. couchpot

couchpot Regular member

Do I burn this program on a CD or DVD? I tried using a CD. I put in swap magic. Then swaped with the ID Utility disc, but it wouldnt boot. I got a "not a valid ps2 disc" message. I tried to boot it with both the DVD version and the CD version.

2. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

u have to burn it on a cd-r. If you get that message thats probley because u did not burn it right, Burn it at the lowest speed ok.

3. couchpot

couchpot Regular member

i did it at the lowest, maybe it was the media i used. Ill try a diff type of disc, I just used this old cdr i had lying around.

4. couchpot

couchpot Regular member

I tried burning it on two different medias, both didnt work. I got the same error both times. Im using a Pstwo slim with the switch ductaped down, it wont boot past the swap magic screen, what might i be doing wrong?

5. couchpot

couchpot Regular member

I tried burning it on two different medias, both didnt work. I got the same error both times. Im using a Pstwo slim with the switch ductaped down, it wont boot past the swap magic screen, what might i be doing wrong?

6. Prize99

Prize99 Regular member

did u extract it correctly to ur hard drive from zip. think u have to burn the bin file after that. i got it to work on a cheap CDr, so it took a couple times to load with swap magic.