1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc ID Utility For Slimline Matrix Infinity

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Tigh, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Tigh

Tigh Member

I have loaded the disc ID utility and all works fine. It asks me to insert original and press x for ID. The screen says "getting ID's" but the ID number is not displayed it just displays DISC ID (ERROR)00 00 00 00. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong ? I have read through the threads and can't seem to find anyone with the same problems. Is there and updated Disc Loader or are there compatability problems with the slim ps2 ? Hope you can help.

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Sounds obvious, but are you inserting an original online game that uses DNAS check?

3. Tigh

Tigh Member

Yeah I tried 3 different original games. V8 Supercars 2, Socom II and Killzone. Any ideas ?

4. demonmod

demonmod Member

please if you find a fix for this email asap @

noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com
    thanx so much!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  5. Tigh

Tigh Member

I was told today that it is the V12 PS2 that doesn't work with Disc ID Utility. We just gotta wait until there is an updated version. I will let you know if I find it. Please email me if you find it first. noemailsallowed@afterdawn.com
    Thanks.

6. xelhefex

xelhefex Member

have you guys tried the DVD version of the Disc ID Utility, i used it on my v12 ps2 and it worked for all my games.

7. Tigh

Tigh Member

Haven't tried the DVD version. I was told it was exactly the same just on DVD Is this not true? Do I just follow the same instructions but use a DVD instead of a CD to put the program on ? Thanks

8. xelhefex

xelhefex Member

it works the same as the cd version, just that the cd version doesnt work for some people, you should try it. its a different file that you burn though, you cant burn the cd version to a dvd. send me a message with your email and i can send it to you.

9. xelhefex

xelhefex Member

i just noticed that you have posted you email address on your thread, i'll send you the dvd version of the disc id utility.

10. mikeeo

mikeeo Member

I think I have the same problem, I have a Slim Chipped and using Cd-r Disk utility , all i get is 00000s.

If someone can PM me or could email me The DVD version or a link to snag it from I would be very happy.

Thanks.

11. kosh71

kosh71 Member

why not use blind write 5. it worked for me with LG multi write dvd burner and backing up ratchet & clank 3. without using any other id tools. reading image took long time but worked fine.

12. xelhefex

xelhefex Member

13. mikeeo

mikeeo Member

yea I know its there , I cant sign up though as all I have for an email is hotmail and they banned hotmail from signing up.

anywhere to get that wont require an account?

If any can send me the file plz leave me a PM I'll send my email to you that way...

thanks.

14. Hippyer

Hippyer Member

I managed to get hold of the DVD version. Doesn't work for me... is there a newer version or something, the one I got is "dnas h4x0r v0.2a ParadoX - August 2003"

Is there a newer one out, or is there any alternative that I can use. What is the official website of this place, do they have any announcements of this bug and their plans to fix it, etc etc

Thankyou

Hippyer

15. Tigh

Tigh Member

The DVD version didn't work for me either. Don't know of when a new version is coming out. Guess we'll just have to wait.

16. electwire

electwire Member

How dose the swap magic v3.3 work with the slimline swap magic v3.3 V12 no problems playing backups I do XBOX mods doing my first PS2 slimline let ne know how this works and do u really need no chip and do u need a updated bios ans whell thanks

17. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ Hippyer

Advertising in the forums isn't allwed so kindly remove the link from your sig.

18. gameguy

gameguy Guest

i am having the same problem i have a slim pstow with matrix infinity i burned the disc utilities cd-r and dvd none of them work i keep getting error 0000 00000 00 no cd id display and i follow everything step by step can someone help me plz? do i need an update cd if i do, where do i get it from?

19. JB51284

JB51284 Guest

I have a PSTwo Slim V12 and I am using Swap Magic 3.6 to play my "back-up" copies. So far I have copied Killzone, Grand Theft Auto: SA, Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater, Tekken 5, and Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition, using a TEAC DVD+RW DV-W58E and copying them at 2x with DVD Decryptor and all the games work absolutely flawless with no patches or any kind of rebuild...there straight copies. Games im gonna try tonight are Armored Core Nexus, God of War, and Monster Hunter.