1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc ID Utility problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by fierax, Oct 4, 2004.

1. fierax

fierax Guest

Hi, I have a duo2se modchip, and I'm having some problems running the disc id utility. All I get is a black screen.. that's it. If I disable the modchip I get "please insert.. " Any help?

2. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

you need to buurn it again. youve done it wrong ummm what did you use to burn it.

3. fierax

fierax Guest

I used Alcohol 120% - Slowest possible speed, I think all the settings were right.. I'll try again

4. fierax

fierax Guest

Alright, I must've burned it wrong the first time, but did I do it agian? Now it goes to the file browser, recognizes it as a playstation disc, but whne I try to load it I just get black for 2-3 seconds and then back to the file browser

5. dssking

dssking Member

Okay. My problem is that when I load up the DiscID util, it wants the original...fine, I eject and insert it and hit X. I then get different IDs everytime I hit X. I can't disable the modchip because you need to hit the power button until the eject light comes on....this has to be done from the power off stage....so, you can see my problem..... there must be a different way to obatin discIDs??

6. makkena

makkena Member

I have this problem, I've burned the Disc ID utitlities 7 times, everytime, it boots up fine, but i eject the disc and reinsert an original game disc, and press x, nothing happens!!! what am I doing wrong???

7. fierax

fierax Guest

I figured out the solution to my problem.. I just had to use the dvd version of it. Now it works fine

8. dssking

dssking Member

DVD version? I can get the main screen, and when I swap for the original DVD, it gives me bogus Id's..... HELP?

9. funnyman1

funnyman1 Guest

don't kno if im doing anything wrong, but i got the dis id utility. i burnt it into a disc, but when i put it into ps 2...it said "insert disc"...should burn the file into cd-r or dvd-r...i have no modchip or nothing, but in process in getting a swap disc and slide card..thanks if anybody can reply to my problems

10. funnyman1

funnyman1 Guest

one more question...do i need a modchip before i can upload the disc id utility...?? thanks for ur time...im new in this

11. rustyfanz

rustyfanz Guest

Removed ... Off Topic

This thread is about Disc ID Utility ... not how to backup a PS2 game.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2004