1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disc id utility

Discussion in 'PS2' started by BoDBoD, Nov 22, 2004.

1. BoDBoD

BoDBoD Guest

how do i open disc id utility when it is .rar?someone please help me

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

3. BoDBoD

BoDBoD Guest

thanx man i did that! then it turned into a bin file and cue file now im stuck cause i cant open it! what do i do? please help me :)

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

um, burn the cue

5. BoDBoD

BoDBoD Guest

so i just add the cue file to the iso im burning?

6. BoDBoD

BoDBoD Guest

yeah but that wont get the discs id! the cue file is openin up in acrobat reader!maybe i downloaded the wrong disc id?

7. andyfrank

andyfrank Regular member

first off you need to research wht you are doing befor u do it...obviously u dont know wht the disc id utility is for cuz you would know that it needs to be played in a ps2 system when booted with swap magic or mod chip...you open up a burning program and go to the burn image to disc type and you insert your bin or cue file (doesnt matter wht one both will do the same) (cue file is just like instructions on where the bin file is located) and burn it to a cdr and then load it into your ps2 via swap magic or modchip.

8. jetblac

jetblac Member

Im getting different id numbers every time i use disc id utility with the same disc, Metal Gear and SSX. I noticed this after I kept getting an error in dnas.
    The utility gave me 10 different id's for SSX and it just keeps doing it. although I have seen the same number twice.

9. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

thats because those games do not have dnas. dnas is only on newer ONLINE games.

10. jetblac

jetblac Member

I figured it out. I had the disc utility installed on my hard drive and it was giving me bad numbers. I burned it to disc and now my games work just fine.
    Holla!

11. Jenova

Jenova Guest

ok i got a simmilar p[roblem its i download games that are .iso files after extracting em outa winrar of course but the ps2 emulator(s) i got will only run .ps2 files if sum 1 can telle me how this is done ill send u $$$

12. Jenova

Jenova Guest

how u convert .iso files into .ps2

13. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

there isn't a ps2 emulator that can actually run games yet. I believe the best they've gotten so far is some loading screens or something.

14. Jenova

Jenova Guest

I get this same answer and i am doumbfounded by it still no answer i just need to convert the file not hear that the emulators that u know of or have goten reports about work or not i got 1 that does work wanan test it on ur store bought ps2 games i can make that happen just please sum 1 telel me how to convert .ISO FILES INTO .ps2

15. kevsev

kevsev Member

Can anyone get me the disc id utility or tell me where to get it?

16. JPS2005

JPS2005 Member

I dont know where I found it but you can get it from me via yahoo messenger or msn messeger.

Yahoo: Jpsurratt2005@yahoo.com
    MSN: Jpsurratt@hotmail.com