1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc ID Utility

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Batmang, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Batmang

Batmang Member

Hi, i found Disc ID Utilities from ps2tools.tk and im not sure if it was a cd or dvd version ( not sure wut the dif is, can someone tell me :)). So i burnt it to a blank cd (twice) and when i went to insert it in my PS2 it took me to that red screen that said "Please Insert a PS2 DVD...yada yada," both times, and then it screws up all my backups and brings me to that exact screen, until i put in an original game and all is fixed :). Should i try buring it to a blank DVD and try?

2. cdmuncher

cdmuncher Member

first of all you must have either a mod chip or swap magic to play backup games,and second you must check on the box or disk of the game to see if it is cd or dvd based if it is cd based use a cd ,dvd use a dvd,understand now?

3. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

The disk id utility which you got from the site is a cd not a dvd. I got mine from the same place.

4. Batmang

Batmang Member

CDMuncher>> i dun think you understood my question...lemme clarify it, sorry.

what i meant is that i downloaded DiscID uilities to try and get the DNAS code from the original game to play online with my backups. I already know how to backup my games, ive already backedup 3 games. But when i burn the [bold]DiscID utilities[/bold] image on to a BLANK CD using alcohol, it burns fine. But as soon as i enter it in to my PS2, i get the "please insert a PS2 DVD disc..." message. What am i doing wrong?

thanks

5. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

Are you using swap magic or a chip?

6. Batmang

Batmang Member

the DUO2

7. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

I have a modded V9 PS2 that'll only read burnt cd's if I stand it on its side or upside down. try that.

8. Batmang

Batmang Member

O SNAP...thanks BigMac... it works :)

9. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Strange eh? I believe its something to do with the laser adjustment. Donrt really want to mess with it though as i dont use CD's in it much and DVD's work fine. Glad it worked for you though.