1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc ID

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by jules_c, Nov 7, 2004.

1. jules_c

jules_c Guest

Can anyone give me instructions on how to patch a gems (Burnout3) using either WinDIp V1.7-Disk ID Patcher by Gadget Feak or DNAS Disc ID insertor v2.01.
    Thanks

2. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

3. jules_c

jules_c Guest

thanks, someone i had another reply saying that i didnt need to patch a backup if i was not going on line. however i notice that in places Burnout3 freezes for a few seconds when im reacing. I tend to get parts of the track missing when this happens. Its just an annoyance more than anything.
    However i did back up Tonyhawks undergound and i didnt patch this one either and it takes an age to load, the backgound music jumps/sticks and the and game freezes momentarily when i speak to the other skateboarders in the first scene of story mode.

Ok so i didnt patch it, ive tried it on an unbranded dvd-r 2x cert and dvd+r verbatim datalife plus 4x cert, burning both at 2x using dvd decryptor. is it bad media? although ive not had problems with othergames that do not have network play?

4. leeborn

leeborn Regular member

you mus patch the game and it will work flawlessly.

5. ysprocks

ysprocks Member

Last edited: Dec 20, 2005
  6. jules_c

jules_c Guest

i ve used windip to patch Tony Hawks Underground with the disc id pulled off the original. I noticed that when i verify the image using windip the DNAS280.IMG.1 is patched but the IOPRP280.IMG is indicted as 'no match found'. Could this be causing the the game to slow and freeze even if im not online? Should i patch the back up with the what looks more complicated disc id insertor v2.01? Could this also be the reason why the game takes about 5 minutes to boot and freezes when it tries to load speach in the game?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2004