1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disc jitter and ms ban

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by immy_2k, May 18, 2007.

1. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

ok now i know alot of people have been banned from xbox live but if someone could please clarify

have microsoft been monitoring modded xboxs on live so they know who to ban whether or not they have the lastest firmware with disc jitter so this is how they know who to ban

or did the disc jitter on the new firmwares not work

anybody who has not been on live b4 and has the disc jitter in the new firmware if u have been banned today then please do let us know

i have made a new thread as i dont want no confusion

what the question is did microsoft make a list of modded xboxs to ban on live b4 the new firmware or was it simply the disc jitter did not work

2. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

i dont use live anyway :) so have not got the latest firmware
    but obviously microsoft have been working towards this so could it be the case that they were monitoring modded xbox 360s from the beginning and thats how they know who to ban

3. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

ms know their console can be modded from day 1
    they now ban peeps from live and sum peeps addicted to live in order them to buy another console for live and 1 for burning and playing baked up games
    console sales have been good for microsoft but now they r into making real profit
    its all buisness lol they know what they doing
    guess to all u live addicts it was good while it lasted and u knew this day would come
    i personally dont use live ut have been thinking bout it but i havent got the money for 2 consoles good thing i didnt get addicted at all lol

4. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

I don't understand the reason behind a complete ban. It's not like they have bricked the console or banned your Live account.

They could have restricted modded consoles from going on Live MP and reduced the Gold subs to Silver subs. Considering the Silver subs is free anyway, it wouldn't have made any difference to MS. This would have been a more logical approach because right now, even after the ban, you can still play backups. In their theory, you can still 'steal' games.

If by having a complete ban meant increased sales, then restricting users to Silver account would yield the same results too. Live addicts will buy another non-modded console anyway.

Edit:
    This also proves MS don't give a shit if we pirate their games. Just don't come on Live! Wonder why....

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  5. SQiX

SQiX Member

Well I have a SAM M28 with 5.3b f/w and I reflashed mine the day teh f/w came out so I flashed before the spring update as of right now I havent been banned but I don't play copies online, I actually buy them since I figured MS would eventually ban people who play on live. So my guess is when you play a copy on LIVE its checking the disc to see if its legit or not and then once it registers it kicks you off and bans you. Ive played the Halo 3 beta for like 2 hours last night and I played some GoW this morning and I just booted my 360 into LIVE and all is good.

6. sourD

sourD Regular member

Running 5.0a here no ban yet,

7. Brodde

Brodde Member

I have a Hitachi drive with 2.4 extreme (jitter incl). I flashed my xbox the day before yesterday and it was my first flash. I played some C&C: Tiberium Wars today on live but did not get banned. I was also signed in to Live while my xbox had the flash installed if that is relevant.

Maybe, as you said, the jitter works but MS keeps track of those who had their xbox flashed with older versions W/O jitter and when they upgraded they would still be registered in MS's database and therefore get banned. (hopefully thats the case since I dont want to get banned =/).

Nevertheless I will continiue to play on live because the way I see it; I allready played live today and if the jitter doesn't work then I'm flagged by MS and will get banned in the second wave.
    And even though Im not flagged yet and decide to stay away from Live, then only God knows how long it will take for someone to figure a way around the ban (if it even will happen at all).

8. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

unless im wrong the hitachi 2.4 or any firmware for hitachi don't have disc jitter!

9. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

C4E's 2.4 contains the jitter-check. So does the new FW toolbox 3.1 (with xtreme 1.7)

Plainly put, the jitter-check either didn't work or microsoft knew about it before the new fw's came out.

I've seen every hitachi banned except for the 0079, NO BENQ drives (naturally) and NO MS28's... Oddly enough, no MS25's with xtreme 3.3 either

10. Brodde

Brodde Member

How do I see what version of Hitachi drive I have?

11. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

ps2mennace didn't you get banned? with ms28?

12. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Well I wrote that yesterday and I'm banned now. MS28 with xtreme 5.3

13. SQiX

SQiX Member

I just played some H3 and I'm still not banned.

14. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

don't celebrate since everyone does and then they get banned! lol

im not banned should i get a chip? any recommendations? nme or other ones? which one has a switch?

15. SQiX

SQiX Member

I'm not really celebrating but I believe the way they ban you is if you play a copy online, which I havent thus why I dont think Ive been banned. Not sure how this would work say if I go play a game and it requires an update though.