1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Disc not DVD" message trying to burn CD, please help

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by Deric1, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Deric1

Deric1 Member

Hey all,
    I have never burned a ps2 game, but Ive read all I can on the forum about it. I already have DVDEncryptor, and I see where some use that, but when I put the game in and the window comes up, its ends up saying, "Disc not DVD". I looked at the settings under tools and it is set on auto. I put it on cd, and it didnt work. Whats up? I need to purchase something? HELLLPPPPP. How you ppl have the patience to get as good as some of you are, I may never get to know!
    Ive read thru the threads here on PS2 for CD, and I dont see a guide like you see on some. Maybe I didnt go far enuf, I went about 4 pages thru it. What I did see seemed to be directed toward DVD.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

dvd decrypter can read and burn dvd's,
    but it can only burn cd's not read them.

3. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

u using a modchip/swap magic cause u need wither one of those. I have problems like that also. But i have a dms4 pro and can load the .elf and it boots.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  4. Deric1

Deric1 Member

Thanks! So if I just burn I dont necessarily have to read the CD? And I only need chip for playback, right?