1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Disc Not Empty" - What the hell?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by EmmettA, Apr 26, 2005.

1. EmmettA

EmmettA Member

I have successfully backed up dozens of DVD's to DVD+R, as well as DVD-R. I have used plenty of cheap-o brands like Memorex and Office Max...No major problems. I happened to have enough cash to buy some "decent" discs the other day. I went for Verbatim 16x DVD+R w/ Advanced AZO. Looked pretty good to me, and I have read good things about Verbatim discs. (I only write at 2.4x)

I use DVD Shrink together with DVD Decrypter. I am now getting a "disc not empty" message with these brand new discs. I have tried about five different discs from the spindle, with no luck. I have checked for firmware updates or solutions of any kind. So far, I have found nothing.

I searched through the forum and saw a few people that have had this problem, but didn't see any solutions.

Any ideas?

Athlon XP 1800+
    512mb RAM
    80gb HD
    Windows XP
    DVD Shrink
    DVD Decrypter
    Toshiba SD-R5272 8x max DVD+/R / +/-RW
    Verbatim 16x DVD+R

Thanks,
    Emmett

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Try one of your original discs again. Sometimes this error comes up when you have other applications running...Like InCD or Roxio CD creator, packet writing software. At this point it's a little hard to tell. Try and verify if it is the Verbatims. Bad batch maybe? They have always worked well for most folks and have a good rep.