1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disc problem - has this happened to anyone else?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by eoindc, Oct 14, 2007.

1. eoindc

eoindc Member

hey.
    yesterday i was playing tiger woods when the controller low battery message flashed up on screen. i hooked it up to the usb slot and then the game froze. anyway, got back to the ps desktop and tried to load up the game again but no joy. tried some different games. no good. and some dvds. still no good. basically the player won't read any discs. i tried reformatting the machine but this didnt solve the problem.
    any advice?
    my ps3 is less than 1 month old.

2. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Do the disks not show up at all under the xmb? Or is it that they just wont start properly?

3. eoindc

eoindc Member

the little circle disc searching icon starts flashing in the top right corner but nothing else happens. none of the game info icons pop up under the game icon.

4. jordn76

jordn76 Member

Yeah, just to let you know, ive had exactly the same problem, ive phoned sony europe but they refuse to have anything to do with it cos its a hong kong ps3, so i have to post it to my relatives and get sony to fix it from there. pisses me right off, i dont see why they cant just fix itin any country, bastards

5. monkijin

monkijin Regular member

happened to me i was playing ridge racer went down and made a cup of tea came up and loaded it up the little disc icon appears in the corner but the game doesn't show up on dashboard,basically the machine is knackered i had to send mine back.
    ........dave