1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc read error - Colin Mcrae dirt

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Mflower, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Mflower

Mflower Member

Ok it's my first post so be gentle . . .

I recently bought Colin Mcrae Dirt on the 360. Pretty much everytime I play it I get a disc read error, please clean the disc with a soft cloth.
    Well that would be fine but the game is brand new, no scratches or anything on it.
    It's the only game I get it with, all other work fine, I have done a search on here and haven't found any info on what I can do to sort this.
    I complained to codemasters but they are yet to get back to me.

Is a disc read error a common fault on the 360? Is my DVD drive on it's way out?

Thanks

2. budro

budro Regular member

as far as what's going on, i'm not sure. however, i can safely say that your disc drive shouldn't be going out, not for a long time and that it's not a terribly common problem w/ 360's (or at least i haven't experienced much of it or heard much about it).

3. koolwabit

koolwabit Guest

Sounds like disc is "DIRTy".LOL
    No, seriously, you say disc is not scratched but have you checked the printed side ? If you can see daylight through the disc the lazer beam cannot bounce back. Had this prob with Elder Scrolls rental copy. A tiny pinhole, think it was sabotage, and rectified with an indelible pen.

koolwabbit

4. budro

budro Regular member

really? interesting information koolwabbit