1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc Read Error

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Niobis, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Niobis

Niobis Regular member

I have a v4 PS2 and I'm having some weird "disc read errors" out of it. The common disc read error comes from the blue discs, but mine is the other way around. It will read blue disc perfectly(even better than my v9) but when I try to play a silver disc it just won't happen. I've tried all the common ways to try to fix it like taping the disc, cleaning the laser numerous times, adjusting the white dial, and increasing the voltage to the laser. Nothing seems to work. Any solutions?

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Send it back to Sony. Bearing in mind that the "Void" sticker must still be intact.. but if youve taken it off then.. im not sure what they'd do.
    If you use swap magic, then put the front cover back on and return it to Sony. If not, find someone who fixes PS2s..?

-Mike

3. Niobis

Niobis Regular member

I can't send it to Sony I have already called them and asked them about it. They said I could send it in then I told them I had taken it apart and they told me they couldn't so anything about it. And, I'd rather not spend money on fixing it because I have fixed many PS2's myself for free. That's just a waste of money to me. I just don't understand why it would read blue disc and not silver.

4. keras

keras Regular member

I would call them back and throw a fit. Mention to them that they have a huge problem with v4 DRE's (which they will deny). I sent mine back like a year ago, warranty sticker torn off and all, and they fixed it at no charge.

5. keras

keras Regular member

plus, when you call them back you will get a different customer service rep. They WILL fix these because it's a sham that so many v4 Ps2's have this issue.

6. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

They try to get away with putting cheap lasers in them :(

-Mike