1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc read problems

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bigmattuk, Sep 15, 2004.

1. bigmattuk

bigmattuk Member

I'm trying to do a backup copy of an original disc that works fine in my DVD player. I have tried using DVDshrink to do this but it stops reading at a specific point of the disc every time,the same thing happens with DVD decrypter,when I try to make an ISO image of the disc it gives an error message at exactly the same point.

I have tried cleaning the original & my DVD+R drive to no avail. I have tried playing it on my pc using dvdr drive & dvd rom drive and it freezes at that point although it is possible to move it on to the next scene.

I have never experienced this type of problem before,both programs have served me fine up to now.

Thanks for your help in advance Afterdawner's.

2. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

Have you tried doing the main movie only?

Also in full disc mode try using a still in the special features.

Maybe try ripping with shrink 3.1.7 and process it with 3.2.

If that fails and you have the reciept... go exchange it.
    If you can't do that try backing up a rental of your movie.
    Good luck.

3. colw

colw Active member

Seems like a faulty original. Encoding/ripping processes are more sensitive to errors. That the orignal pressed copy may play on a DVD-ROM or standalone does not gaurantee that it is error free and can be encoded. Try a different source disk.

4. bbangel

bbangel Guest

im experiencing this kinda problem as well...when i start to back up a message poped up and said it there a protection error.the I/O would not function..

so whats really the problem?