1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DISC TRAY HELP!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ramanr85, Oct 1, 2004.

1. ramanr85

ramanr85 Guest

ok my problem is simply my Ps2 Disc tray does not close :S....it goes in about half way then stops....I had it opened and the object that is stopping it is the bronze/gold circular object that turns the CD(it has like a little glass piece on the top and is right next to the Laser) the disc tray just continually hits that and then comes back out....I've tried putting it in manually and I can push it in however then it refuses to spin the CD...ANY HELP PLEASE

2. cdub998

cdub998 Member

Sounds like it came off of the track. There is a gear that the tray rides on and it has moved down the gear so the spindle goes up before the tray is in. mine used to do that. Take the ps2 apart and take the tray completly off and you will be able to line it back up when you put the tray back on.

3. ramanr85

ramanr85 Guest

hmm well if ur referring to the spindle being the little circular thingy that spins the disc it doesnt move at all....Its supposed to go down when the disc tray is goin in right?? but mine the thing just stays there as the disc tray goes and SMACKS into it...
    Cdub998 could it still be the problem that its off the track?

4. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

the track has a pin that runs through it, open up your ps2 and get to the drive tray, remove the screws on the left at the front of the tray,lift the tray from the edge with the Sony symbol on it, then pull the tray forward and it will come away, then with the console plugged in and the tray cover back on (lazer radiation!) press the eject button, switch off the ps2 again and check the position of the pin, you should be able to put the tray on and slide the pin straight into the track on the bottom of the tray, if you can't then you should still be able to pull the pin over a bit to lign it up, now put the tray cover back on and with the tray still in the open position turn on the power again, it should now go all the way in, you should also check the track on the tray for breakes as this could be the reason that it skipped on the cog, especially if you have dropped the ps2 or used the knife/slide card trick.

there is detail on this in my ps2 repair guide, you can download it from my site