1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc verification problem with Nero?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by scuuder3, Feb 21, 2005.

1. scuuder3

scuuder3 Member

Hello. I am fairly new to this and have started to back up my DVD collection. I am using DVD decrypter, then DVD2One, then Nero to burn.
    When burning in Nero I always select the verify after burn option. every other disc or so, sometimes two in a row, I get an error during verification. it says the original is different than the copy/ it doesn't stop just tells me about the problem. The movies appear to play fine, though I haven't had a chance to watch all the way through. one of the movies that burned fine had some hiccups in the playback but nothing severe. should I not bother with the verification step? does it really mean it is bad if it shows an error. should I use DVD +r instead of -? any help is appreciated.
    thanks

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

I unchecked verfication long ago after I had become familiar with how Nero worked. If you want to play safe, it's better to burn to HD first.

3. scuuder3

scuuder3 Member

could you please elaborate. what do you mean buy burning to hd first, to the harddrive? what i am doing now is using dvd decrypter, then dvd2one, then nero to burn to the dvd-r should i use nero to burn to the hd, then to the dvd-r?

thanks for the reply!

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Yes, many programs (e.g. Nero) let you choose where to burn to. So it's safer to first burn to harddisk, check that everything is O.K., before burning to disc. I do this a lot especially with downloaded movies.

5. gilera

gilera Regular member

I would stick with -R because a lot of stand alone DVD players will not handle +R.
    Why dont you burn onto -RW to begin with, at least you wont waste discs.

6. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

When you say burn to harddrive are you creating an iso? Also if you are wondering about +r's go pick some up. Get a small pack of quality brand discs. I prefer the +r's and I have tried them in all different machines with success.

7. jacsac

jacsac Regular member

What brand of discs are you using? I would look at those as a possible problem.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005
  8. scuuder3

scuuder3 Member

the -r discs are made by fujifilm. i used some tdk +r discs and they locked up every time upon verification. what are the best disks to use? if i use rw discs will they last as long?

also i don't really see why burining to the hardrive first would help becuase the it seems like the problem is happening during the write process to the disc. if i do burn to the hd first, do i then just copy the results to the dvdr or do i burn again to the disc.

thanks

9. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

I always thought that dvd drives likke +R better (+R are slightly better than -R right?)

I guess it depends on burners. My dvd drive only burns +R, RW, R DL, and it works for all of my drives.