1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc Won't Spin

Discussion in 'PS2' started by akuma47, Feb 16, 2007.

1. akuma47

akuma47 Regular member

My brother handed me a slimline PS2 that didn't power on. I came to find out that the power button was missing, so i order a new power button and the ribbon cable.
    Now the system powers up but the disc spindle doesn't even move. The fan turns on and the lasers moves and turns red. It gives an error message of "There is no Data" on screen.
    Anybody have any ideas of what to look for? I disconnected the spindle and checked the ribbon and it looks fine.

The system isn't and was never "modded" And i don't kno what model number it is because the tag on the bottom was removed before it got to my hands. I do kno that the laser is the PVR-802W verison.

Is there suppose to be a magnet on the flip-top to lock the disc in place?

2. akuma47

akuma47 Regular member

no ideas?

3. hugeeuge

hugeeuge Member

The slim PS2 has two sensors to check if the cd tray is open.

One is on the power button and sticks up through a little hole in the front right side of the tray, make sure the cooresponding piece of plastic on the lid is still there. If it isn't, try to find some other way to get that sensor down.

The second sensor is deep inside the playstation on the back left side of the flip top. you can't get to it without opening the playstation. If the cooresponding piece of plastic isn't there, then tape over the second sensor.

If both of these sensors are pushed in and everything else is as it should be, then your playstation 2 should work fine...