1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DiscJuggler/.CDI images

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by LoPan, Jun 24, 2004.

1. LoPan

LoPan Member

Now the $64,000 question. How are .cdi/discjuggler images encoded? How can one manually construct a .cdi on a session by session, track by track basis? Is there anyone on the whole internet that knows the details of the .cdi fileystem? How can i construct a .cdi WITHOUT
    WASTING A CD?

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

If you are going to make a CDI file... you'd do so by making an image of the cd.... how exactly does one "waste" a cd during the imaging process?

3. LoPan

LoPan Member

For my intended applications, i need to create images that have two sessions and two tracks, either audio/data(mode2) or data/data(mode2) with specific files located at specific sector offsets. I have made 30+ coasters trying to fulfill these goals with CDRECORD. I would like to be able to manually construct session info for a .cdi file that I can mount with daemon tools for testing purposes, without having to burn a cd everytime.

btw "muchas gracias" for your timely reply Praetor.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

TMK Discjuggler is the only app that handles CDI files properly (never heard of CDRECORD) ... a pseudo-workaround would be to use rewriteable media.... i dunno how to do the sector offset stuff though.

5. LoPan

LoPan Member

It seems that there is a program out there called bin2boot that creates .cdi's for people seeking to make their dreamcast homebrew software selfboot, so someone aside from Padus knows how to encode them. However, I can't seem to find ANY documentation whatsoever online in regards to the filesystem itself. Very frustrating.

I thank you for your time and effort.