1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disconnecting and reconnecting internet automatically when speed drops

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by llama4, Aug 4, 2007.

1. llama4

llama4 Guest

I have a problem with my ISP. I get average speeds of about 700 kb/s late at night. Yet during the day, it will start at 700 kb/s every time I reconnect, then drop down to as low as 25 kb/s after about twenty minutes. Seems my ISP puts a cap on maintaining high speed during peek hours. So, I have to hit the "disconnect" button and then reconnect to keep the speed. It's just a button--only takes a click--but I'd like to figure out a way to do this automatically.

Does anyone know any software that could disconnect and reconnect at set intervals? Or is there any software that can monitor internet speed and reconnect if it drops below a certain speed? I've tried downloading many network monitors, but none of them have this simple option.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Sounds like your on cable and barley in range to get service. Contact your ISP on this problem. It more than likely is something on thier end.

-Del

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you have to look at it like this, there is more traffic durring the day versis the night, now are you talking about torrents,p2p, or just general surfing?

4. Schwaber

Schwaber Regular member

If you are downloading a torrent, it is best if you download late at night or early morning. (12AM-3AM)