1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DISCOVERY AMONGST DILEMMA

Discussion in 'PS2' started by B00tZ, Nov 27, 2003.

1. B00tZ

B00tZ Guest

Just got hold of a swap magic dvd ver2.0 eur ver - and ps-x-change version 1.0 pal
    scph 50003

Surprisingly I found every dvd backup booted with sm2 dvd disk
    1:1 with nero worked fine (toc sizes taken into consideration)

how to boot my cd backups?... got 3 young kids not letting them loose with my psx ,ps1 ,ps2 ,dc could go on but i digress...

loaded the PS-X-Change re-booted ps2 - ps1 screen -lovely - then offset screen crash
    3 or 4 times til i decide to 'HOT SWAP' the blighter using the homemade card from your design in the tuts.

IT Works;
    As long as you get the ps-x-change out b4 the 's c e x screen' is gone the time frame before you have to replace with a cdr seems pretty generous - push in swipe left x to start !!! cool as the proverbial pants methinks ^_^

I know...... spinning disk??? It slows down as it displays the boot screen !!!

ok got -
    dvd-rs & ps1 rips working - should i stop there?

Any positive input hereafter will be greatly appreciated - any 'Get a mod chip' or 'You'll Break your ps2 with slide cards' or general derogatory remarks will be seen as "grumpy old men picking up my stray ball and telling me no matter how hard I try I'll never play for england!'

Armed with a plethora of spuriosly named, burnt, & obtained boot images I tried to work out how to encompass what Ive got with a possible combination of exploits & techniques with my unchipped ps2 -

I HAVE -
    swap magic dvd ver2.0 eur ver
    ((ps-x-change version 1.0 pal
    [Info]
    Version=1
    Format=CRC-32
    Date=28.11.2003
    [Data]
    DIR
    9AFFFBDB PSX.EXE))
    a dvd-r iso of a cd/dvd loader -
    A cd-r iso of cd/dvd loader -
    Ran out of DVD-r's !! ^_^
    gs2/ar2 backups -
    Swap magic 3.0 cd loader iso
    (tested working - 32mb.bin in a 3mb rar)
    xploder 4 pro w/xlink & pc to ps2 soft + xlink usb + 1 other generic cable that does the same job 8)
    currys cheat disk based on ar2

?????????? HELP...

[bold]THIS QUESTION HAS BEEN ASKED FREQUENTLY HERE AND ELSWHERE WITHOUT A CONSTUCTIVE ANSWER EITHER WAY [/bold]

If all else fails and some sort of combo doesnt prevail on my ps2 cdr booting quest -

[bold]IS THERE A WAY OF BURNING MY CD BACKUP ISOS/IMAGES/ORIGINAL PS2 CDS TO DVD-R????????????[/bold]

If not - Why Not?

I'm not looking for multi boot games - I dont mind a little dis-assembly - coding or spec requests - i have managed to fit 5 ps1 games on a multi boot cd , pity the ps2 doesnt support hd-burn !!!!! havent tested it though !!!lol

I apologise in advance if i have breached site etiquette or rules...
    I await your responses however cruel ^_^

B00tZ

P.S. It has just occurred to me, If we can do this, Future orders of swap magic disk sets could be shared between 2 ps2 B00t3Rz !!!!! ^_^

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

sorry can't help but, after reading through all that I just had to say nice grammar! :)

3. oasismark

oasismark Member

4. safc_66

safc_66 Regular member

BOOtZ, sorry i can't help you with your dilemma, but i pissed myself laughing at 'you'll never play for England'. Cheers mate, made me smile.