1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discrepency in Disc IDs

Discussion in 'PS2' started by stuss016, Sep 18, 2004.

1. stuss016

stuss016 Member

I got a disc ID of my original copy of Socom II. I then patched it and burned my backup. However, when I run the disk utility for the backup, I get a different disc ID then my original. Can anyone explain if this is why I get the cheater error when I try to play online.

2. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

its supposed to change be like that. you did everything right its just that socom has a new patch that will detect if you use a back up. mine was working before the patch and after the patch was released it doesnt work.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  3. stuss016

stuss016 Member

Thanks for the response. Is there any known way to play Socom II online with my backup. I apologize if it is posted somewhere else but I searched for awhile and haven't found an answer. Any ideas are welcome. Something I was thinking about is installing a kill switch on my chip which does not have a sleep mode. If anybody knows how to do this I would appreciate it as well.

4. hardstyle

hardstyle Member

Yes you can try something like that. I'm from europe, the patch isn't out here yet. So I can't test it with my magic 3.1 but people say that magic chips put them selfs into sleepmode after a 5 min.

Try to find the chip wich is compitable with socom 2 new check and follow the boards if someone allready have cracked the new check.

5. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

its pointless... no chips are compatible with socom II as of now because it is not the chip it is detecting, its the patced game that it recognizes.

6. hardstyle

hardstyle Member

Yes but listen. This new patch for socom 2 sends back this patched game information to the socom sever. So if someone just edit the patch so it will alway's send positive information back to the server than socom backups are compitable online again.

7. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

yeah i read of some one wanting to do that quite a while ago but think of all the cheaters and glitchers that would use that fake patch to cheat.

8. hardstyle

hardstyle Member

Yes, you're right. But Please someone crack that patch.

9. stuss016

stuss016 Member

Thanks for the help, but I would even be satisfied to just play my original Socom II on my modded PS2. I want to back my games up but I can deal with playing my originals when I want to go online. So is there any chip or any method that will allow me to play my original Socom II on my modded ps2?

10. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

my ps2 is modded with a matrix infinity and i was just using my original socom II with the patch last night. if you can turn off your chip it should work if your using your original.

i suppose i should edit my post higher up...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2004
  11. stuss016

stuss016 Member

I'm sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, I'm kinda new, but which chips can be turned off and how do you turn them off? thanks

12. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

most of the recent chips can be turned off or disabled and it will have instructions on their site of how to turn it off.