1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

discs that dont play to the end on Xbox or PS

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by MooreBaby, Feb 19, 2005.

1. MooreBaby

MooreBaby Member

I have some discs burned at 8x. They work fine on my computer and DVD players. The media was +R. On the xbox it won't play at all without a million skips. On the newer PS it plays until the last ten minutes of the movie.

The disc scans fine on a surface defect check as well as a file check. Is this a media issue? or a burn issue.

BTW, the disc is burned to very near capacity.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2005
  2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i'm sure i've replied to some of your posts re burning 'quicker than most people on this forum seem to advise', ie burning quicker than 4x. Try all the usual - make sure firmware is up to date, DMA settings if using XP, v good media, no multitasking while actually burning. Oh and set rip software to burn to say 4300mb, i have even used 4000mb and that didn't help with my crappy bulkpaq 8x -R orange disks. All i've done differently since my own problems is to now use Verbatim datalifeplus 8x -R, BUT at 4x. Am leaving my limit at 4300mb as not losing much anyway.

There are many many threads in these and other dvd forums that suggest the above. Theyre not my own opinions, but other people's that i follow and work for me.

Rich

3. MooreBaby

MooreBaby Member

thanks, it seems to be a size issue... burning less data works.... haven't tried a full burn to the edge of th disc at 4x yet.