1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discs Wont Read

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by MSOV1986, Jan 7, 2007.

1. MSOV1986

MSOV1986 Regular member

Recently I havent been able to run a dvd or cd from my computer by just putting it in. when i put in a disc, nothing happens. I then went into My computer and tried the open the disc but it tells me to insert a disc into the drive. The only way i can get a disc to open and run is to open up my dvdripping software (RipIt4Me). When i start the program i can open the disc and run it. anybody know how to fix this?

2. onya

onya Guest

MSOV1986, Did all of this occur BEFORE(Edit in bold) you installed ripit4me or some time afterwards? Also do you have AnyDVD installed?

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2007
  3. MSOV1986

MSOV1986 Regular member

it started about a month after i had ripit4me installed and yes i do have anydvd installed (about 4 months ago) also

4. onya

onya Guest

Excuse that post,I'm wondering where my brain is. OK,my system uses powerdvd,but won't AUTOPLAY movies if AnyDVD IS ENABLED. I mostly DISABLE it(right mouse click red fox head and uncheck enable, fox head goes grey)repeat to enable. This is the only way I can Autoplay any dvd disc. Ripit4me is a program I havn't used, so I know nothing of it's settings.Try using a dvd lens cleaner also, I don't think this will cure your prob but it won't hurt. Go through ripit's settings and look for any thing different, or try the device manager in windows to make sure there's no conflicts/errors with the dvd drive. Sooner or later all will be revealed.

Cheers.

5. MSOV1986

MSOV1986 Regular member

ive disabled anydvd still nothing...its not just the autoplay, when i go to my computer to try and click on the drive when a disc is in it says please enter a disc into the drive.

6. onya

onya Guest

MSOV1986, This all seems centered around that ripit app,so if you've cleaned the lens, checked windows device manager, disabled anydvd... then I would un-install ripit...re-boot, and see if that makes the difference. If not, leave ripit out for the time being and swap dvd drives if you can(nice to have a sympathetic friend)Surely installing a known working device, will indicate whether it's hardware or software. Hopefully this is a software issue.I personally would un-install all your ripping, encoding s/ware with the exception of nero and your dvd media player(powerdvd etc)A post by IRELAND, suggests using the anydvd uninstaller for that app, and make sure you KEEP the KEY.At this point you have a standard player using standard apps, this I really do hope WORKS for you. If so create a RESTORE POINT(WXP) Re-install your favourite software(not ripit)also my system has dvdfab decrypter, IT has issues with anydvd, it may be best to leave that one out if you have it, until other issues are resolved.Good luck MSOV1986.Keep posting.

Cheers for now.