1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion thread for Wii Modchips

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Kafluke, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Why? From what I see I would rather a Wiinja (really a clone I can make) since it would be almost no cost and extremely easy to install.

3. TheV

TheV Regular member

@oner

i think it is better becaus you can play all the wii games so not just Pal(if you have EU Wii like me) but everything ( i think)

4. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

Wiinja cost me 60 bones! What do you mean almost no money!? I'd rather have one that I can reflash when nintendo upgrade patches it though. (which they prolly will)

That's what I get for jumping the gun

5. ebay

ebay Regular member

WOW this is even better. I can't want to see what the price is going to be.

Hopefully its cheap!!

6. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I think this one is better than the Wiinja, just because it is quick solder, which makes it wire free. I tried installing a Chip in my PS2, and it had like 21 wires or so, and I screwed the thing up. I'm glad they found this kind of solution.

7. dazila

dazila Regular member

For All we could know these chips any of them might'n even work unless someone has already done it/
    I know there is a You tube on it but there have been you tubes on past occasions one to just name one of may was Wii Bootloader it turned out to be a .JPG

8. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

what you did not read from wiinjas page is the chip doesn't do imports only backups from your own country

9. HipN

HipN Regular member

Where does it say its upgradeable?

10. xyqo

xyqo Regular member

Hey you know it doesn't say but some how a lot of people are saying that is.

11. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

Yeah, it was hyped as upgradeable on its announcement but now I don't see that anywhere either. Good call

12. TheV

TheV Regular member

13. Oner

It is almost no cost.

Programmer - $10-20

[​IMG]

12c508a PIC Chip - $.50-2.00 ea.

http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/st...&catalogId=10001&productId=145041&pa=145041PS

PIC Chip Socket - $.25-.75 ea.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...r=1&origkw=socket&kw=socket&parentPage=search

Final Product

[​IMG]

Code - $0

When it gets released (and it WILL be released)

As for features they are the same including full GC compatibility (including audio streaming games) and both have No Wii imports or homebrew (as of yet). So why pay $40 for something that can cost as little as $5.00 including wire (and that is adding at least $2 bucks for "just in case") that will do the same as a "quick solder"....Hell even if you have to buy everything at the highest price it is still cheaper than even the Wiinja by itself and more so compared the the Cyclowiz! For me I don't like quick solder solutions as they can be problematic.

14. inline

inline Member

what is the programmer for:S?

15. Oner

To program the blank 12c50x chip with the code on the Wiinja which is probably the same code on the Cyclowiz (or similar) look at what both will do.

Non Swap / Direct Boot

Boots Own Region Wii Backups Directly

Boots Own Region Gamecube Backups Directly (including audio streaming games)

Boots Imports Gamecube Backups by SWAP

Easy Soldering 5 spots OR use a socket

Support DVD-R and DVD+R

Universal EUROPE/USA/JAPAN Wii Console Supported

Stealth Mode

16. ebay

ebay Regular member

so your telling me that all I have to do is go to radio shack and buy these two chips and solder them into my Wii and I can play back ups on DVD-R media disc.

Do you have instructions on how to do it? And when will the code be avalible and how do wee add code to it? Can we be a noob to Moding to do this?

17. Oner

If you have never soldered before I would say no, although it seems an easy install. When they extract the code you just use a program to inject it to the chip.

18. ghost101

ghost101 Member

what i really wana know is...has anyone here successfully managed to PLAY Wii backup discs? anyone?

19. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

ok, i'm really excited about the Wii now. May have to go out and buy one, although I plan to do a rental or 2 to see which games are the best. Once we find people who have the chip installed & have backed up some games, keep this in mind... on the PS2 there are both the Matrix Infinity as well as the DMS4 which allow you to turn off the chip. Once firmware updates start checking for the existence of the chip, you'll want to turn it off. See this webpage for what i mean.
    If a chip does not have the ability to cloak itself/turn itself off, do NOT buy it. You are wasting your $$$. Wait until a stealth chip is available, then buy.
    oh btw, if you try to solder some of the super small leads on these types of boards, you'll likely fry them. Pick an experienced professional. Hundreds of PS2 owners have screwed themselves by thinking they could solder the board themselves, and save the $30-40. WRONG! There are now hundreds of PS2 owners with fried boards which are not so happy with themselves for their lack of intelligence. Don't be one of them.

20. chopin221

chopin221 Member

Sodering isnt that hard just practice on something else before you do it. Iv done my ps2 and gamecube. the gamecube is much easier but both can be done. All it takes is practice plenty of practice and patience