1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish network DVR saved programs to PC hard drive?

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by dsjason, Dec 8, 2004.

1. dsjason

dsjason Member

does anyone know how to or if it is obtainable. im kinda new to this and LOVE this site and have avg. comp skills. could you just get a vid capture card and use the audio/video connections to transfer. thanks.

2. framit

framit Guest

I have the same PVR unit and capture recorded programs from it regularly. I use a Canopus ACDVio capture card to do this via it's video audio inputs and use Nero 6.3 to capture in Huffy comp mode. I then use TMPG to render the content to put it on a DVD. The whole process is time consuming but worth it. PM me if you need to for further info.

3. dsjason

dsjason Member

will any vid capture card work. the one ur mentioned is like $300. can u give me some advice on a good cheaper one or maybe i just looked at the wrong one. and what is huffy. thanks

4. framit

framit Guest

Yes any video capture card will work although if you read the threads Canopus get great ratings. Huffy is a small free software program that allows you to capture video onto your PC without any loss in quality. If you raad the lengthy Forum thread Video capturing from analog sources you will find out all you need to know and how too. I just got into this hobby 6 months ago facing the same challenge as you and thanks to this site I'm up and running. Keep Reading.