1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dish type for Coolst receives

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by MESMD, Jul 5, 2007.

1. MESMD

MESMD Regular member

A friend of mine has asked me if he can use a DIRECTV dish and it's lnb to hook up to his Coolsat receiver? I told him that a dish made for Dish
    Tv would give him a better signal tan trying to use a DTV dish. So far he is getting very few stations with the DTV dish and it's LNB. I told him to get a new DISH thats made for DISH tV. I thought the Parabolic shape of a Dish Tv dish is better for his Coolsat than A Dirct TV Dish?

Is that correct?

Thank you,
    Mesmd

2. bill038

bill038 Guest

A dish is nothing but a piece of metal to reflect the signal to the lnb. He needs to change the lnb to get d/n.

3. MESMD

MESMD Regular member

Thanks Bill038,
    I was 1/2 right, the wrong LNB?

Miles

4. bill038

bill038 Guest

Poormans dish...DTV 18 inch round dish..

Home made 2 sat dish (using dtv dish & lnb)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These FTA receivers are amazing lil toys. Using a dtv dish and an extra lnb can get you the DN 110 & 119, and/or 82-91 Bev sats (any sats 9 degrees apart) and consequently 457 FREE DN channels. I have done this myself and it's so easy, I can't believe they make dish's with skew adjustments. I literally use rubber bands or hair ties to strap an lnb to the existing lnb and get 2 birds very quickly. I will be attaching photos and it's just as easy as it looks. Standing behind your dtv dish thats already pointed at 101, simply turn it to the right a little and drop the elevation about 10%. This is where the 110 sat is. You can use your dtv receiver to find the 110 by going into dish pointing menu and selecting one of these transponders 8, 10 or 12. When you find the 110 you will hear the signal meter rise and you can then fine tune it. Attach an extra lnb to the right (facing the dish) by using rubber bands or hair ties or wire ties, about 2 1/2 " above the other existing lnb (see photo) Attach the cable from it to the dtv receiver and in dish pointing change the transponder to one of these 23, 25, 29 and you'll probably aready have some signal, slide it up or down, keeping it flush with the other. Once she's dialed in epoxy or super glue to the original lnb. This is soo easy!
    When done you now have a single existing dtv dish that will pull DN 457 channels or all Bev channels, for your NEW FTA receiver!

Hint: I also use wire tie or string around the lnb horns to draw them together and focus on center=better quality.

The dish lnb will work, you just need to add another one to get both
    of d/n sats.

5. MESMD

MESMD Regular member

AMAZING billo!!!

MILES

6. bill038

bill038 Guest

Takes a little fooling with, but is very simple.