1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disk Backup/Possible Wiikey Problems

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Mike951, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Mike951

Mike951 Member

First of all I would like to say that I have the Wiikey, Special LG Drive, Some DVD-R's, a burner, and a Modded Wii.

I had the Wii modded by someone for a price and I believe he said it was one of the new ones with the pins? cutoff. I used the LG Drive to backup Wii Sports then promptly burned it, so far it seems to work, although more extensive testing should probably be done. I also got the 1.2 config disk to work.

It also seems that if I don't skip past the health screen quickly and/or stay on the channel screen when inserting a backup disk it'll give me a black screen telling me to eject and power off. When I tried to use my backup of "The Legend of Zelda:Twilight Princess" using the same methods and media as with Wii Sports, it did not work at all and only gives me the eject and power off screen.

So far here are some of the possible problems and why they couldn't be:
    Problem 1: Something wrong with the WiiKey or Wii. Doesn't seem possible as Wii Sports and config disk 1.2 both work.

Problem 2:Something wrong with the media. Same discs I used for Wii Sports I used for "tLoZ:TP" the media seems to be fine.

Problem 3:Something wrong with the computer or hardware. Once again it worked before with same procedure.

Problem 4:Bad Backup using Rawdump. Twice it was done and both times the byte size was exactly right, yet neither disk using these 2 backups worked.

Problem 5:Using the wrong program. Not sure if this could be the problem, nero 6 ultra seems to be fine for Wii Sports. Although I did use the program on a different user for the backup of "tLoZ:TP", I doubt the settings would be different enough to cause problems.

If you have any suggestions as to what the problem could be, or how to fix it, feel free to post, thanks for your time!

2. Mike951

Mike951 Member

Sorry for the double post. Turns out the Wii Sports backup won't work any more either so yea..I'm guessing its the WiiKey or media.

Oh, and just a quick question, is there a special adapter required to do SD card backups?