1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disk drive for 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by bignsmalls, Mar 26, 2012.

1. bignsmalls

bignsmalls Member

hi anyone that could help would be great i bought a new drive for my 360 i think it is the right one a phillips on lite but when i put a game in is says play dvd then goes to a screen that says to play this disc put it in an x box 360 console is there any thing else i have to do

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Do you still have the original drive? The drives are console-bound by a unique key. If the drive key and the mainboard key don't match, the Xbox 360 doesn't play games.
    You should also consider using punctuation marks, your posts would be way more easy to read then.

3. roycar71

roycar71 Member

Is there a way around this?

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

If you don't have the original drive anymore: RGH. But you need soldering skills and hardware that is as expensive as a used Xbox 360, so it kind of isn't worth it.

If you still have the original drive and can power it up you can get the drive key and flash it to the new drive. Or you can swap the drive board, which in my oppinion is harder to do. When flashing the drive you can directly flash it with LT 3.0 in one step and make it play backups.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  5. bignsmalls

bignsmalls Member

where would i go about finding out how to do that

6. roycar71

roycar71 Member

Hmm, ok. I thought you meant Hard drives. I just flash minds and I noticed games either give me dark screen and go back xbl menu and "say play game" or boots to this "put in a xbox 360 game" screen. Thanks.

7. ps355528

ps355528 Regular member

am I confused.. hell yes.. biggy.. do you still have the original dead drive? .. if so what is it's status.. has it just stopped reading disks?

otherwise.. just google xbox 360 jtag.