1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disk Drive + Qoob Pro Problems

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by espdiaz, Jun 6, 2007.

1. espdiaz

espdiaz Member

Can anyone shed some light as to what my problems might be?

I have an older Rev A Gamecube that was working fine up until now. I just modded it with a Qoob Pro chip.

First, after installing the mod, the drive stopped spinning. I re-checked the lid sensor connections and re-inserted them, checked for shorts, and neither worked.

Second, the Gamecube boots like any other time (with the exception of the drive not spinning) Is it supposed to boot into the Gamecube screen, or the Qoob screen? I flashed the chip, re-checked connections, and checked for shorts. Nothing worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. mechanics

mechanics Member

I also have a Rev A Gamecube and I have exactly the same problem: the drive has stopped spinning after installation of the qoob pro. I haven't flashed the ship yet. If you managed to solve the problem, please let me know.

3. espdiaz

espdiaz Member

Im still trying to figure it out. Ill post back here when and if I find something, unless someone else knows something we dont.

4. mechanics

mechanics Member

Success!

After checking the soldering several times I could only get the original gamecube startup screen. At first the qoob chip was lighting up but that stopped for an unknown reason.

After reading these post

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/213719

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/243414#1359697

I removed everything as I was afraid I had damaged the device but it still worked find. Then I resolvered everything and changed the position of the red cable. It worked. Now when I boot the device I get the qoob startup screen.

So I guess the original problem was due to bad soldering.

Hope this helps,

Good luck.

M