1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disk Error msg on DVD player

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by red348, Jan 18, 2004.

1. red348

red348 Member

I can play my DVD on my computer (I get no audio) but when I put into my Yamaha DV-S5450 DVD player, I get a disk error. Any ideas? Thanks

2. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

Could be one of several things.

Format compatibility
    File structure on the dvdr u burnt
    Media
    Burn speed
    Your ripping, compressing, burning technique/software

More info would be helpful to diagnose the problem. It's prolly sumthin simple you did or failed to do, but we need more details on yer technique.

Lemme guess....did u try to play the burnt dvdr on yer puter using Power dvd? Mine usually would't have any sound either. That's why I trashed it and now use WinDVD. No Mas Problemas.

3. Collie

Collie Member

I also found that one of my DVD players would only play copies on DVD+R, anything on DVD-R wouldn't work, kept on telling me it was a disk error.

4. red348

red348 Member

I burned the DVD+R on my Pioneer A06 and played it on my PC with the program that came with the burner. The DVD player is a Yamaha 5450 that is part of my home entertainment center and I cannot get any audio on the Yamaha.

5. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

Is there a DTS or Dolby audio selection on the DVD? Try switching from one to the other and see if you get audio.