1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disk ID utility....please help me with this simple question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Vinnys025, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Vinnys025

Vinnys025 Guest

When you burn Disk ID utility to your Cd-r to get the dnas from your origional disk, do you burn just the .cue file or the .bin file??..or both of them??

Thanks in advance

2. Vinnys025

Vinnys025 Guest

Please help, I know someone has to know this.

3. methodh2x

methodh2x Guest

i too need this information i been searchin for a while now.

4. Vinnys025

Vinnys025 Guest

Ok, I found out that you just burn the .cue file onto a cd-r and put it in your ps2...but what I still dont know is do you have to use the swap and slide change disks to get the dnas #, or can you press the eject button????

5. emodro

emodro Member

even though you figured it out... a bin and a cue file work together... a cue file is basically a link to a bin file... when there is only one bin file, a cue isn't needed, but sometimes there are multiple bin files, so the cue files links them together and burns them at the same time... you can burn either... providing they are both in the same directory... if not, just burning the bin file will work. (always look for the file with the biggest size). and for your second question... i'm not sure if my chip does anything to help (dms4 lite) but i just run the disk and then hit eject when it asks me to insert cd, insert it and keep going... nothing really special

6. Vinnys025

Vinnys025 Guest

The thing is, I insert the DiskID, then when I eject it, the screen goes away and goes back to the ps2 logo load up screen so that when I put in one of my games with a dnas#, it just loads up like a regualar game and no dnas numbers come up. I know i'm doing something wrong...i just dont know what it is.

7. Vinnys025

Vinnys025 Guest

Why does my screen go back to the start up screen when I hit eject to put in the origionall disk in???