1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disk is not formatted to play in this region.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by rluk23, Sep 1, 2004.

1. rluk23

rluk23 Guest

I've been burning DVDs with DVD shrink 3.2 and DVD Decrypter 3.230 with no problem. I have not downloaded the newest version of DVD Decryptor. I tried burning Passion of Christ today. Before shrinking the DVD, DVDshrink told me to specify which region I was in so they can uncode some special restictions. (Not sure what the code was, RMC) I chose the Easter Europe, Russia option, as I always do, then it proceeded to Shrink the DVD. Then I burned it with Decrypter. Next I put it in my Sony DVD player and there is a message on screen saying Disk is not formatted to play in this region. This is the first time I had a problem playing a DVD. Please help! Thanks and really appreciate it.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi rluk23,

You should have left it in region free. When dealing with regions when ripping, reset your proggy back to region free.

I have rid myself on the problem by running either DVD43 (free) OR AnyDVD ($39.00 (USD) in the background.

I'd redo it. BTW, not a bad "bloody" picture - too bad about all the subtitles :(

Cheers,

Pete

3. rluk23

rluk23 Guest

Scuba Pete,
    Thanks for the info, but what is proggy and how do i set it?