1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disk Read Error's for new backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by XSkierX, Mar 11, 2005.

1. XSkierX

XSkierX Member

OK here's the deal I have a PS2 modded with the Messiah 2 Pro. When I first got the mod(May '03) I made backups of my games with no problem everything was fine. I recently purchased GTA:SA and Fight Night Round 2 and went to make backups of these, with nothing but problems. I burned them the same way i burned the old ones and all I get when I insert them into the PS2 is a Disk Read Error after about a minute of trying to read the disk. My old backups work fine so it's not the chip. I have tried everything from using nero 6 to create and burn the ISO to DVD Decrypter. I have tried every speed from 1X to 2.4X and different media both DVD-R and DVD+R. Every time I get the same result on the PS2 "Disk Read Error". I have read other posts where ppl have gotten both of these games to burn fine. I have already adjusted my laser and everything works fine on the PS2 including DVD's, PS2 Original, PS2 Backups, and even blue backed games. I'm just having problems with these newer games. Any information you guy's could give or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have read that some games need to be "rebuilt" can someone explain what this is? Thanks in advance.

2. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Interesting. I backed up GTASA without a problem, haven't tried Fight Night Round 2, but I've read about people having problems with it.

Do the backups you made previous to this problem still work? Maybe the chip died? Not sure how long they last, but if the games you made before don't work now that might be it.

3. XSkierX

XSkierX Member

Yeah I thought of that too and loaded a few of them a couple days ago no problem. It's a total mystery to me. There are so many different tutorials out there now all with different information I just don't know what to try next. I have Alcohol 120% maybe I should try that, but I'm sick of wasting DVD's when I never had any problems before.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
  4. XSkierX

XSkierX Member

OK after reading some other posts I went out and bought a few FUJIFILM DVD+R at which I will burn at 1X and continue to go through all the speeds again. I hope this helps. I'll let you know.

5. hursty

hursty Active member

my set up is spot on the same as yours

i have a v9/messaih2

fightnight round 2 works perfect

6. david10m

david10m Member

Hi XSkierX, i have the same problem as you, i also have messiah 2 pro and my new backups does not work while the old ones are working perfectly. I have changed my dvd writter from NEC to LG, this is the only change that i made. I was wondering if you changed your dvd writer.
    I also have eared about that "rebuilt" action. Somebody know if this is needeed for new games? is there any thread where it is described? Thanks.

7. sephton66

sephton66 Guest

im just a newbie on the ps2 scene but i have had problems with the newer games aswell if these 2 games are online games you will have to patch them all i did was go to this link http://www.ps2nfo.com/on-line.html and follow the instructions i have made backups with both them games when i do what the link says.

Hope this is some help to you

8. david10m

david10m Member

i is happening for example with "Dancing state fever" which is not only it think. what do you think?