1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**Disk Reading Problem**

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Goldy_200, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Goldy_200

Goldy_200 Member

Hey I have a v4 ps2 with a matrix infinty chip, and

latley my backups just haven't been working I just

keep getting disk read error,so i immediatly thought

its gotta be my lasers gone cos is getting old but
    when I put my original games in they work but they don't automatcaly boot up i have to go to the browser screen, so then i thought it could not be reading my backups because there Dvd disks but the ps2 plays my original Grand theft auto game which is a DVD disk, so I was just thinking of buying a new ps2 like a v10 one or maybe the new slim one (anyone know if you can mod this yet) but has anyone got any suggestions on what i should do, also sometimes when i try and play the backup it can make some funny nosies.Thanks anyway

2. Goldy_200

Goldy_200 Member

And also sometimes some of my backups do work, but there either slow loading or jumpy. But games like tiger woods 2005 and other games i have, they have loaded before and worked and i've played them but now they just won't load.Please some give me some advice.I was just thinking of just buying a new ps2 and getting it chiped again or just getting my xbox chipped.What do you rekon i should do.Hellpp

3. Goldy_200

Goldy_200 Member

*********BUMP***********