1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disney dvd won't play

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by homerjay9, Feb 12, 2004.

1. homerjay9

homerjay9 Member

I have backed up most of my movies using smartripper then dvdshrink and burning with roxio 6. I have backed up about 20 movies with no problems until now. I hve used the same process to try and back up monsters inc. and finding nemo both movies rip to dvd without any problems but will not play on ps2 or dvd player. Am i missing something?

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

maybe im too much of a newbie,but why do you use both smartripper and dvdshrink?

dvdshrink will more times than not,do the whole job for you,it rips and shrinks.

ive read post where some people say if shrink doesnt work,try dvd decrypter.

i havent ran into a disc that shrink wont do,but their is always a first.

i had roxio 6,and had all kinds of problems with it,but it seems to be working for you,im a nero guy myself.

my motto is, stick with what works (roxio)but give dvd decrypter a try its free!!

i havent used it much but, i think you can use decrypter and then shrink the files with dvd shrink.

one other question,maybe you switched your brand of dvd-+ r's?

some players have compatibility problems with certain brands of media..just a thought.

good luck

jim

Last edited: Feb 12, 2004
  3. Ketale

Ketale Regular member

Hi homerjay9,

as jim already stated, Roxio is a serious headache to many people, so it might be good to check out Nero (free trial availiable) or ImgTool Burn (free) to burn the files with. There is basically no difference in Disney movies compared to other movies, so your problem must be somewhere else. Are you sure you are using the same media (same brand) and the same setup as on the previous working samples?

And as jim also said, you don't need smartripper if you use DVD Shrink, just put in the disc, open DVD Shrink and use this guide http://dvdshrink.info/fulldisk_basic.php and you'll have your backup soon. The new DVD Shrink has a built in Nero interface to burn the disc, try it, it might work for you.

And jim,
    you gave very good advices, but please don't hit the Enter at the end of every line, the line wrap will do that automatically for you, and your posts will be much easier to read. Thanks!

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi homerjay9

I agree with what Ketale said about disney movies,i just recently backed up my copy of The Lion King 1 1/2, no problem.You need to figure out what you did differently with your recent failed burns,and that would probably be your problem.
    Im not roxio hating here,but i got roxio 6 packaged with my burner, and its no longer even close to my computer,unless you count the recycle bin!!Big props to nero,it hasnt failed me yet!!Im not familiar with the ImgTool burn,but ya gotta love that word. (free)
    Ketale, sorry about my use of the enter key,i guess ive spent too much time in online chat,its a bad habit, im working on it.
    I hope you get if figured out homerjay9,keep posting your problems,theirs alot of good people here,all willing to help out,im glad i found this site,its helped me many times.

good luck

jim

5. homerjay9

homerjay9 Member

Thanks for the info. I used Nero later that night and it worked fine. I don't know why they wouldn't play. Oh well
    Thanks