1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disney

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bddl, Jun 25, 2007.

1. bddl

bddl Guest

has anyone had trouble backing up dvd's of disney movies? If not can someone please help me to do this procedure

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

What have you tried?

You can rip w/ DVDFab HD Decrypter then open those files in DVD Shrink.

Here's a guide.
    You can skip the vobblanker part if you like - not always needed but only takes a few minutes.

3. zorro129

zorro129 Guest

I also am new and am having trouble with disney movies. I'v got several I'd like to save. I've had them for since they first came out. Specifically I've tried "Honey I shrunk the kids" and am frustrated. I would read any guide I can find if I could find them. Let me know too. I'm still reading and looking.

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Give this a guide a shot

DVD Back up

It should work on anything out there right now :)

5. oldslow

oldslow Member

probably not all of them but alot of them can be done w/dvd shrink. don't know if dvd43 is required as i never turn it off.

my disney dvd shrink w/dvd43 in background guide ver 1
    I had errors backing up some disney movies i think the error was crc
    when trying to encode the very begining of the movie. i don't use deep analize or aec unless the cropped movie-only compresion is below 80% (pretty much never).
    insert disk shrink will then analize for 3? minutes
    click re-author
    click title 1 (main movie if two titles in that catagory then it's diferent versions of the same movie)
    HERE is where you get an indication if my trick will work. normal movie title 1 should move to the left hand box in about a second. if it takes 5, 10, 15, or whatever seconds then keep reading.
    click the tab above the box on the right that says compression settings.
    uncheck all unwanted lang. etc. and sound keeping only ac3 5.1,
    now for the fun part: just above the preview screen the control on the right says set start/end frames (or something like that) click it. For their copy protection they have messed up the first few seconds of the first chapter so we are going to fix that. do not move the slider or buttons for the start frames yet, as it will shut you down. on the right side there is a pull down menu with chapter 1 change this to 2. that is it. that is the trick. now you can move the slider and/or buttons. just don't move it below 10 seconds into the movie or it's that pesky shut down thingy again. crop the ending credits.
    look at compression if above 80% (more like 90%) then hit backup.
    choose a burning device and hard drive folder then make your back up.
    one last tip: if the player has the option set it to auto re-play. with out menu's and other crap the kids can watch it over and over without messin' with the equiptment or messin' with you.
    hope this helps.